Monday, November 22, 2010

365 thousand three hundred minutes...?

I've never seen rent, but I know those words, assuming they are even in the correct order, and the tune (with random numbers) pops into my head randomly and just stays. for days on end.
It's quite aggervating, no matter how many different songs I listen to or recite to drown it out. There it plays over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Annoying, right?!
That's what I thought.

In other news, the past few weeks at work have been amazing.  Our Halloween/character day was a huge success. The kids were adorable, my room mom did an excellent job on treats for the kids. Children's Theater came out and that was pretty incrediable. I had never seen a performance from them and I was just as, if not more, excited  as the kids. Our music program was great. I figured the kids will all freeze up, but that was not the case. A vast majority got up there and really showed out. ;) The Alabama Symphony Orchestra also came out, and though I enjoyed them visiting, I wasn't all that impressed with their show. It just wasn't age appropriate for the kids. It was, at the earliest, for elementary age. Nonetheless, it was great that they agreed to come to the center to even put a show on. So, kudos to them for that. Next year they should try to be more interactive...
Today was our big pep rally.. and it was true to form. We listened to fight music, taunted the other team, got up and danced & yelled until our throats were sore. Our director even got team colored donoughts from Dunkin' Donoughts for all the kids/teachers. Cool, right!?  Only complaint - chocolate glazed with sprinkles. Adult size.
We took a trip outside after we enjoyed our 'spirit' donoughts. haha. It was more for the teachers, but the kids enjoyed it too.
Tomorrow is our big Thanksgiving day feast. Parents will come out & eat lunch with the kids- Chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, green beans & a roll.. Who isn't thankful for that?! :) 

And that's the end of my work week! I'm really excited for this 2 day business, but I know next week is going to be hard and long.  Oh well. I can handle it. I'm only working until Dec. 17th and then it's a two week break.

Wooo hoo for following the public school system.

No comments: