Tuesday, March 23, 2010

arm results?? more waiting games.

I do not know why but whenever I have a doctor visit I get SO nervous. Last night for example I slept a total of 2 1/2 hours. I was exhausted but because I kept thinking about today's visit, my mind would not slow down. I finally dosed off about 3 am and was back up by 5am.  I don't know what time I fell back asleep but I was woken up at 5:50, 6:00 and 6:10 am by Nicko's alarms so I decided to go ahead and get ready.

The doctor visit was actually good today. I figured he would chew me out because he'd be able to tell I've been "cheating" a bit. To my suprise, that did not happen. He said that the 3 lower breaks were actually healing quite well and he showed me the "cloudy" area where the bone was beginning to form and bond. There was a piece that has very randomly splintered off.. I don't recall seeing this in any of the other x-rays, but who knows.  It doesn't hurt or prevent me from moving my arm right now, so that is a good thing. He gave me some movements to work on, but little does he know I have already mastered them.


*the mis-shapen square is where the 3 breaks were that are now filling in with bone. That's why the look " cloudy". The arrow indicates the "splinter". How random. And the rectangle is where the major break was. It is now almost completly healed but he said is "bumpy".. bone apparently does not smooth itself out after a break has occured. I thought that was a little odd.

The only down side to this is that we are looking at 4 more months or so. I'm not thrilled about this, but having a dead-line is a little encouraging. Maybe things will speed up?

I am ready to be healed so that we can get some money back into our lives. Being poor (because that is exactly what we are right now) and having to scrape and scrounge really sucks.  I admit that we should have had better sense and had some money put away into savings or something but that's a lesson for us in the future.
And of course I miss teaching!

On another note, I really am amazed at how fast Vann is growing and developing. I think he's advanced, but that might just be the result of me being a proud parent. Either way.  He's so funny because he's started "mimicking" sounds and facial expressions that we make to him, he laughs and plays with toys, he's found his hands and feet  and LOVES sticking out his tounge.  He's even learned how to "click" his tounge. I'm not trying to brag, but he really does seem to be ahead of his "developmental checklists". 
Yesterday my mom bought him some size 1 shoes and he's ALREADY TOO BIG FOR THEM!  I mean, he's only 4 months old. Slow down already!

We stopped at the daycare today to visit Mrs. Sandy and the little boys in the room were FASCINATED with Vann. It was so adorable. Sandy couldn't get her love on because the boys were trying to get him away from her. haha. and Vann  was eating it up! He's such a turkey. :]

No comments: