Friday, November 12, 2010

it's (not) my birthday and I'll cry if I want to.

I've said it a hundred times, and chances are I'm going to say it a million more times BUT... I can not believe that my son, my baby boy, is going to be a year old in less than 1 week. I am not ready for this. Sadly, I have already had 2 breakdowns and I get teary eyed just discussing it with friends.
You would think I'd be o.k. with this..or atleast be able to keep my composure but NOOOOOOOO. I have to get all weird and emotional over a birthday..
I just miss my little man. I miss him being so tiny, I miss those sweet little whimpers, I miss being able to hold him with one arm.

But, just as much I miss some things, I am amazed and so happy to see how much he is growning and what a funny little personality he already has. and quite a temper to go with that personality. whew! If he keeps up on this track teenage years are going to be .... well, I don't even want to think that far ahead.
It's absolutely a double edged sword type deal going on.

Eh, I'm just feeling nostalgic. I catch myself going and looking at his hospital pictures and it just takes me back. It does not feel like we should be celebrating this milestone yet. But, I'm happy that he has made it here.

 Everything seems to be coming together for his birthday, which I am so grateful for. The only thing I have to worry about is food and decorating the place. Today will be spent decorating the church and doing some last minute running around. I hope to have everything completed by this afternoon. I'm easily distracted, so I don't have high hopes for myself...but we'll see.

On another note, I am officially vehicular now. Nicko went and bought me a car Wednesday afternoon. It's not my first choice, or even in my top ten, but it's a nice car. I'm just happy to finally have a vehicle. Being without really sucks. Especially with a child AND a job. Anyway, it's a 2005 Silver Dodge Neon.. only paid $3,000. The KBBV is a little over $7,000.. so I would say we made out pretty well.

In his big boy sweater outfit. Those shoes are my all time favorites. :)


They were sitting up sleeping. Vann was cracking me up sleeping like that. Weird kid.

Chocolate animal cookie left-overs. and yes, we are in Walmart.

Cookie remnants on the way home. He prefers to make a mess in public... which is ok with me. ;)

This morning's snack. Typical dirty boy.

New ride. :)
Time for me to go. I've got a million and one things to do today and am gonna start gathering things together while [someone] is concentrating on "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse". :)

No comments: