Thursday, April 28, 2011

yikes.

Easter was awesome. I cried a little bit watching my 'big boy' join the real big kids in collecting eggs. This is the first time, and I'm sure nowhere near that last that he didn't want help. So many things ran through my head and heart, watching him becoming more independant, seeing things connect for him in a new way, taking those steps away from me..and not looking back. My heart swelled with pride, my brain making me more than aware that he is 'getting too big' for me.

I say it all the time but motherhood is a sad, scary thing. I love it, and won't trade it for the world, but seeing it... well, as happy as it makes me, i'm just as sad to see him slowly pushing me away.

oh, highs and lows of life.



In other news very violent weather came through last night and caused a lot of damage. We are completly fine, but I can not imagine being in the shoes of people who have lost any/everything. My heart really goes out to them.
My daycare is getting together volunteers to go and clean up one local town. several area churches have started donations of clothing and other basic necessities.
I wish I could do more for people. I can't imagine what is going through their heads. :/

No comments: