Sunday, January 23, 2011

going to the chapel & we're gonna get mah-hair-rer-ieddd..

The reason 'married' is spelled wrong in the title is because I was singing the old song & spelling it to how it sounded in my head as it was being sung.  REALLYYYYY drawn out. :)
I doubt anyone knows/remember that song, I don't even know, but I have loved it for a vast majority of my life. The first time I heard it I was maybe six years old at my friend, Sabrina's house. It was love at first note. haha.
I wish I would have put that on my wedding play list.. never occoured to me until right now. Oh well.

You may be asking WHY am I talking about weddings/marriage? Well, yesterday I got to go dress shopping with my best friend in the whole world.  She's getting hitched in April and guess who's a bridesmaid?! That's right, this lady right here. Am I excited? Well, duh! I'm super stoked not only because it's her wedding (she's one of those people that deserves to be happy) but this is the first time I will ever be a bridesmaid! :) We picked out some really pretty dresses and omg, CJ's dress is gorgeous. It's fun being in the dresses, but watching someone else find 'the one' is just as much fun. You can literally see it written all over their face. I really think I was just as excited as she was.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Long-Chiffon-Strapless-A-line-with-Pleated-Bust-F13287   That's our dress. Her colors are gold/champagne  and a light, almost pale pink. They are actually REALLY pretty together. I'm so excited. Though I have NO IDEA what kind of shoes I'm going to get.

I wish that we lived closer though. She's in Dothan area and even though we don't see/talk to each other all the time we ALWAYS pick up exactly where we left off. Nothing seems awkard or forgotten. And she is one of the most genuine people I have ever met. I really believe she does not have a mean bone in her body. Even Nicko thinks the world of her and her darling little girl, Catalena. Matter of fact, I think he would adopt her. Catalena has him wrapped around her finger...and he loves every minute of it.

The bridal store just got me thinking and feeling yesterday. It brought back waves of memories and emotion for me that I had a hard time keeping under control. It also put a lot of things back into perspective for me. I really think I needed that. Even though CJ doesn't know what the dress shopping did for me, I will still thank her for that. It was more than quality time with her.

Oh- emo overload. haha. Moving on ........
It's time for me to get Vann ready for Church. I really don't feel like doing it, but I guess he needs to go. Eh.

No comments: