Tuesday, September 20, 2011

dripping makeup.

This morning I had to get up super early to get my hair/makeup on since it was picture day at work. NOrmally, I could care less but these were going into the yearbook and.. I gotta look some kind of decent if pictures are going to be seen by the masses.  Well, after a lovely weekend and a faked-out storm yesterday I did not expect it to monsoon quite the way it did today...on picture day.
Seriously, what are the odds?!  Does mother nature know how long it takes to straighten my hair & get rid of those 'difficult' pieces? Does she care that I'm a perfectionist when it comes to (liquid) eyeliner?! Is she aware of how much water/liquid eyeliner HATE each other?
Apparently not. Or she wanted me to look like a matted haired clown today, either way: jokes on me. ha. ha.

In other news it's going to be a lonely night here at our house. Nicko left at 5 to drive to and then back from Atlanta. It's only a 2 1/2 hour drive but since h'e had to work all day I know he's exhausted. THankfully he's not going alone but I was kind of anxious for him to be here. Oh well. From Sunday until tonight we're already looking at (roughly) a 29 hour week. The paycheck will be nice, that's for sure.  He hasn't been gone throughout the night since two weeks ago and the lastest he's been home is in the 7-8ish hour range, which really isn't that bad. It's no 5 o'clock deal, but better late than never.

I'm quite exhausted myself. Vann and I are fixing to cuddle up on the couch and maybe have a siesta. It's still wet and a little chilly outside which I hope equates to an early bedtime for us both. THe past few nights my dreams have been filled with terrible tragedy that I hope NEVER becomes a reality.
It's those nightmares that are so life-like that have a lasting imprint. ugh.

No comments: