Monday, April 8, 2013

Family additions. Our newest bundle.

Alas, my second pregnancy has come to an end.
This time around was so much easier in a number of ways. Sure there were still times when I really could have done without the nausea or the dizzy spells, but overall it was much more enjoyable. (I did not realize how miserable the last 4-6 weeks were though. Having delivered Vann at only 35 weeks, I didn't really get to experience those last weeks of severe pain, discomfort and heartburn for 21 out of 24 hours a day.)

Delivery this time around was welcomed and super easy. Despite being in labor for 13 hours (11 hours was "early" labor with contractions not being too intense) things were really good.  Doctor had to break my water, which was not the greatest, but within an hour of doing that, my epidural, and six measely pushes, Finn Abraham made his grand enterance into the world.
 I can't believe I'm the mom of 2 boys now. I've really got my work cut out for me. Bringing him home though, and having Vann bond with him has taken no time at all. It actually feels like this is the way things have been all along. There's been zero transition for any of us and Vann, like both of us parents, is completly smitten by him. That is probably what I am the happiest about; that sibling love. His entire day revolves around this baby.
I guess worrying about it and involving him as much as we possibly could from the very beginning was one of the greatest things we could have done for both of them. I just hope the adoration and protective spirit stays with him for the rest of his life.  (and I hope Finn loves his big brother just as much)

You can see the love radiating. :) I think baby-lotion intensifies that love. There's something magical about a "new baby" smell. (Thanks Johnson & Johnson)
















            Born March 25, 2013 |    2:35 p.m  |   7 lb, 9 0z. & 19.75 in


I'm so happy with our sweet little family- even if I am outnumbered. ;) Little boys do love their mama's though...that's a comforting thought.
 

1 comment:

heather said...

girl just wait. the sibling thing just gets better. yeah sometimes brennen is too rough but man do they have a bond. she adores him and he loves her so much. i wouldnt think a brother sister could bond that way but they have. i totally get what you mean by you feel it has always been that way bc i say that all the time. like pyper has been here from the start. its crazy..